Monday, October 25, 2010

Illustrator

 The artist I chose was Marion Bolognesi. I chose her illustrations because we have a similar fixation, eyes. Her paintings focus on the emotional intensity a person can show throw just their eyes. Another aspect of her work that I love is the dripping of paint. All of her works have this, which I equate to some sort of sorrow or suffering like the face is crying or melting. In all of her works the eyes just pull you in.



The artwork I created was a more solidified version of her work. A lot of her pieces have a lot of white space in which  there would typically have been a lighter or middle tone. With my piece I made it a bit more  opaque and I used a lot more skin tones than she usually does.  I love her use of cool colors and layering so I tried to incorporate that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment